18 December 2009

This Has Happened to Other People I Know (In Kenya)

On the 15th of December I wrote that I had found a chicken egg in my bed. That night I slept very poorly, apparently my chickens have lice!

The next day I was very vigilant about making sure that the chickens could not get into my house. I was busy and did not enter my bedroom at night, but when I did I found another chicken egg!

I began to seriously contemplate if I was crazy or not, but the next day one of my students confirmed that his chickens try to leg eggs in his bed all the time. Apparently chickens are very crafty and once they find a comfortable place they do their best to return. Yesterday I opened the glass windows, and although I still have bars over my windows the chicken tried to squeeze its way through the bars at least three different times. On the third time he succeeded in squeezing through and what ensued was a slow motion chase scene similar to the ones you see in old black and white movies where the fugitive pops out of every little corner, sometimes in front of the chaser and sometimes behind the chaser.  


Finally, I coaxed her out and normality was restored, but I have given it a formal warning. Next time the chicken lays an egg in my bed, that is it, I am going to eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment