14 January 2010

Pictures!

The first picture is of the green house that is covering my herb garden.  The purpose of the green house here is to decrease the intensity of the Sun and increase moisture retention.  The student in the front is Emmanuel and the student standing in the background is George.

emmanuel and garden

Over the holiday I went to visit Emmanuel’s home.  Part of the tradition here is that after circumcision (around age 14) the boy/man builds his own house on his parents’ compound.  This size and type of house is very common and measures approximately 7ft. by 10ft.

emmanuel and house

Below is the form 1 class.  I am their class teacher, which, for me, means that I hold meetings with them almost every week and try to check up on them as best as I am able.

Form 1 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment