02 August 2013

Letter from Haron!

Haron sent me a few new photos and a letter!  What a handsome young man, check them out:




LETTER FROM HARON:


Dear Mr. Thomas Mosier,
I salute you and your highly respected friends. It is my sincere hope and belief that you are all doing well and in good health. I have not written to you for quite some time but I always keep you in my mind and heart because you mean much to me.
I am fine too and am continuing well with my learning.
I am greatly pleased and humbled at the same time as I write to you especially when I look back and see the strong and firm foundation you have laid in my life. You squeeze your tight budget and devote your scarce resources, only to brighten my future. I must say that you are doing an exceptional, noble task and your kindness is quite overwhelming. In regard to this, I always remember you in my prayers and do ask God to shower you with his blessings, peace of mind and serenity of soul as you partake in your endeavors. I also wish to thank K.E.F staff, for the tremendous work they are doing, in ensuring all the necessities are provided in good time.
Currently I am in my 2nd year, 2nd Semester, and am joining 3rd Year the coming September. It is my pleasure to inform you that I am doing perfectly well in my class work and other activities outside classroom.
In class work I have experienced a notable increase in the amount of work and content depth as I go up the ladder, especially in literature class which calls for both intensive and extensive reading and analysis of the creative works. For instance this semester I am working on thirteen texts (play and prose).
This work is not easy for an individual; it therefore calls us to gang up together with the classmates so as to handle the task in group discussions. This provides an opportunity and ground to learn from each other. Personally I have found it useful because the skills and knowledge I acquire are key in my teaching career.
Outside class work, I do engage in various activities such as participation in clubs and small group in Christian union. Currently I am a member of University a Christian union choir; I lead a small group of ten members in University Karate club.
On academic progress up to date it is important to let you know that I have sat all my examinations from the start to this far. I sincerely do apologize for the delayed results submission. It is not my fault because we have not been issued with the transcripts. If anything, I have been more than willing to send you the results transcripts for the update. The examination department has caused the inconveniences because the policy states the results should be availed to the student after every academic year. However this delay may have been caused by the transition period which the University has been undergoing since last year to early this year. It was in the process of being elevated from being a university college to a full pledged university, thus becoming the 9th public university in the republic of Kenya.
The examination department has issued me with a provisional transcript for my 1st year though incomplete. I thought it wise to send it, as I await the official complete script. Some of the courses have not been entered thus affecting my grade (attached transcript) once I receive the official complete script I will not hesitate sending it to you.
My mind is fully focused and set to utilize this opportunity  well because I am certain my  future will be a reflection of today and the ultimate goal of becoming a useful and reliable individual in the family and society will be realized by today’s work Through this precious opportunity, I am looking forward to correcting the situation which my family has been mired in by providing a bridge through which my younger sisters will get the other side of the river reiterate that the living standard, especially of my mother will be improved. Needless to say, I cannot refrain from thinking of those brilliant minds in the society, whose future is barred by darkness simply because of poverty in their families.
I am looking forward to time when I will revive someone hope by enabling at least one access education. Besides how can I be of use in the family and community if I do not see its problems as mine?
I am proud of Kenyan government because in its budget a lot of money has been channeled to education sector and this will enable children who otherwise could not afford to go to school access education. The president also has promised to issue laptops to primary school children.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE CONTINUED SUPPORT, AND MAY THE LORD BLESS YOU
HARON   KIMATHI

CHUKA UNIVERSITY

No comments:

Post a Comment